The program involved redevelopment of an existing warehouse originally built in 1923 for our 25 person architectural firm. The solution reflects the firm's eclectic and energetic approach to design and has received significant public recognition.
An existing bland warehouse space was transformed by sandblasting much of the interior wall. The design centered all interior structures in the space, avoiding contact with the perimeter shell, and was left largely unfinished, contrasting it in color, finish and geometry. The solution was seen as a model of the city in which it is contained. It mimics the Phoenix morphology; a long, linear urban core with clusters of mid-rise buildings at each end. It was completed in 1993.